Cuide su bienestar emocional
Mental health refers to our overall emotional, psychological, and social well-being. Los trastornos de salud mental y de consumo de sustancias son afecciones médicas y, a menudo, crónicas. Como cualquier afección crónica, como la diabetes y la enfermedad cardíaca, hay tratamientos y servicios disponibles para ayudarlo a que se sienta mejor y tenga la mejor calidad de vida posible.
BCBSRI y nuestra red de proveedores pueden ayudarlo a resolver muchas inquietudes relacionadas con la salud mental y el consumo de sustancias, entre ellas, las siguientes:
- Trastornos del estado de ánimo
- Trastornos de ansiedad
- Trastorno de déficit de atención
- Trastornos de la alimentación
- Esquizofrenia y otros trastornos psicóticos
- Trastornos por consumo de sustancias y adicción
- Opioid use disorders
- Manejo de la medicación, la ira y el estrés
How do I find the care I need?
BCBSRI covers a comprehensive list of services and benefits to meet the needs of our members with mental health and substance use disorder issues. These resources can help provide—or connect you with—treatment and support.
Su proveedor de atención primaria
BCBSRI does not require our members to get a referral for outpatient counseling and medication services. However, if you or someone you care for may benefit from psychotherapy or another form of mental health and/or substance use disorder treatment, the best place to start is with a primary care provider (PCP). Analice los síntomas con su PCP y solicite una recomendación.
Manejo de casos
Los profesionales con licencia independiente especializados en trastornos de salud mental y por consumo de sustancias trabajan con usted y coordinan la atención médica con su equipo de proveedores para brindarle acceso a los recursos y servicios que usted necesita. También revisan los medicamentos que está tomando y se aseguran de que comprenda para qué sirven y cómo tomarlos. Call 1-800-274-2958, option 2, then option 1.
BCBSRI Doctors Online
BCBSRI Doctors Online makes it easy to visit a therapist or psychiatrist on your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Talk with a healthcare professional from your home, office, or wherever you are. Search “BCBSRI Drs. Online" from the App Store or Google Play* o visite drs-online.com.
- Therapy – Counselors and psychologists offer help for issues such as anxiety, depression, PTSD, and stress. You can schedule an appointment anytime online or by calling 1-800-345-1419.
- Psychiatry – Board-certified psychiatrists offer help for issues such as anxiety and depression and evaluate the potential benefits of medication to treat these types of issues. You can schedule an appointment anytime online or by calling 1-877-410-5548.
How to find a provider
Use our Find a Doctor tool or call BCBSRI Customer Service at 1-800-639-2227 for help.
What types of services and providers are available?
- Psychiatrist – A medical doctor who specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating mental illness. Los psiquiatras pueden recetar medicamentos psiquiátricos.
- Psychologist – A licensed, mental health professional trained to work with mild or severe psychological issues. Los psicólogos no recetan medicamentos.
- Counselor – A licensed, mental health professional, such as a social worker, mental health counselor, or marriage and family therapist, who evaluates and treats common life stressors, and mild to moderate mood disorders. Los consejeros no recetan medicamentos.
- Typically three days per week, three to four hours per day, for four to six weeks. La mayoría de estos programas ofrecen una estructura que les permite a las personas continuar con su rutina diaria normal.
- Combination of individual and group therapy (family therapy if appropriate) and may include psychiatrist evaluation and medication management.
- Recommended for people who are experiencing emotional and behavioral problems and would benefit from learning how to manage their symptoms and issues in a structured environment.
- Typically five days a week, five hours a day
- Combination of individual and group therapy (family therapy if appropriate) and often includes evaluation by a psychiatrist
- Recommended for people who require more intensive treatment than traditional outpatient care, are experiencing serious emotional and behavioral problems, or are at risk for hospitalization as well as for treatment following inpatient hospitalization
- Offers structured and intensive services—including medication-assisted treatment, counseling, and care management—to allow members to maintain recovery in a less intensive treatment program than a hospital setting
- For adult members requiring comprehensive services to facilitate recovery from opioid use disorders
Atención de internación
- Round-the-clock care in a hospital setting, typically lasts a couple of days
- Visitas diarias por parte de un equipo de profesionales, incluidos un psiquiatra y terapia grupal (si corresponde)
- Se recomienda para estabilizar una crisis o síntomas graves
- Generalmente, un traslado a corto plazo a un entorno residencial cerca del hogar de la persona hasta que se estabilice y pueda regresar a la comunidad
- Combinación de terapia individual, grupal y familiar
In addition to your traditional benefits, BCBSRI has partnered with community providers to offer the specialized programs described below.
Through this program, members with substance use disorders work with a peer recovery coach—a person who is in recovery from an alcohol or drug use disorder and has been through extensive training to provide support to others struggling with recovery. BCBSRI is collaborating with Anchor Recovery to provide this service to BCBSRI members.
Offered at Bradley Hospital, this program is for teenage members who are experiencing significant emotional issues affecting their quality of life and are at risk of hospitalization. The Mindful Teen Program provides teens with the necessary skills to manage their emotions, tolerate distress, and deal with stress more effectively. It also gives teens the chance to practice these skills in their lives outside of treatment.
Servicios domiciliarios y comunitarios
This program is for members at risk for hospitalization or who were recently hospitalized. Services can be received at HealthPath offices, the member’s home, or over the phone. This program is offered in collaboration with BCBSRI and Care New England.
This program is for children with moderate-to-severe psychiatric conditions. Members in the program will receive ongoing emergency/crisis evaluation, psychiatric assessment, medication evaluation and management, case management, psychiatric nursing services, and individual, group, and family therapy.
Get connected to care through this 24/7 behavioral health crisis intervention service. You can call 401-414-LINK (5465) or visit their 24/7 Triage Center in East Providence.
Beacon Health Options, BCBSRI’s Behavioral Health Partner, is available 24/7 at 1-800-274-2958 to assist in finding resources such as those listed in this document.
This brochure details the comprehensive options available to BCBSRI members for mental health and substance use disorders.
Learn how case management services can help BCBSRI members with substance use disorders and find out how to access services.
Are you or someone you know struggling with substance use disorder? Through the Safe Stations program, you can visit fire stations in Rhode Island and get connected to treatment support and recovery. Find locations of participating stations.
This site offers resources and support for families struggling with a loved one’s substance use disorder.
Don’t keep unused prescriptions around the house. Learn how—and where—to get rid of medicines or medical waste.
The taskforce provides support, education, and advocacy for substance use prevention, treatment, response, and recovery.
On this site specifically for BCBSRI members, you’ll find a wealth of resources related to mental health, substance use disorders, and emotional wellness.
Find more resources related to opioid use disorders.
*Se aplican cargos estándar de la empresa de telefonía móvil y uso de datos. The downloading and use of this app is subject to the terms and conditions of the app and the online stores from which it is downloaded.
Doctors Online es un servicio de telemedicina proporcionado por American Well®, una empresa independiente que administra Doctors Online en nombre de Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island.
La cobertura y el reparto de costos dependen del plan. To see your plan’s specific coverage and costs, please refer to the Subscriber Agreement or contact the number on your member ID card.
This article is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical or other professional advice. It is not an endorsement or recommendation of a particular healthcare provider or treatment program.