How to become an in-network doula
If you want to become in-network doula with BCBSRI, follow the steps below.
Register your information
You must register with the Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare (CAQH), where you can add your information and share it with multiple insurance companies. Uploading documents is easy, and you don’t need to fill out an additional application for re-credentialing.
Submit BCBSRI application
Once you are registered with CAQH and have submitted the required information, please fill out this application. Here you will have the option to become a participating provider with BCBSRI. This application is for adding new providers within a practice who are not already participating with BCBSRI, and it is used by all providers who are looking to join the network.
Receive and return additional forms
Once you’ve submitted your application, you will receive an informational packet with forms to be completed. Here is what you can expect once you have returned the completed forms:
- Our Database Credentialing Team will send your application and paperwork to Aperture, our vendor responsible for completing primary source verification for credentialing.
- BCBSRI will issue a decision regarding the credentialing application within 45 days of completed application and all required forms.
Following the approval of your credentialing application, your effective date with BCBSRI is the date after the Credentialing Committee determines approval.
- The forms in the information packet will ask you to provide contact information, direct deposit EFT information, your W-9, and information regarding your place of service, such as physical accessibility.
- Check your junk/spam folders for emails.
- BCBSRI will encrypt all emails to protect your personal information.
- Due to regulatory requirements, BCBSRI sends emails every 15 days with the status of your credentialing application.
Become an in-network doula
Once you receive a notice from BCBSRI that your application has been approved, you will officially be an in-network doula with BCBSRI. Your information will be listed on our Find a Doctor tool for members looking for doula services.
Use the Provider Portal
Doulas participating in-network with BCBSRI gain access to the Provider Portal to:
- See updates from our Provider Relations team
- Review claims status
- Check member eligibility for BCBSRI members
- Confirm group benefit information for BCBSRI members
- Review weekly remittance
- Attest quarterly to provider data
- Send any questions to our Provider Call Center via Secure Messaging
Our Provider Relations team is here to assist you with the application and beyond. Please contact Monica Boulay, Doula Provider Relations Representative.
Teléfono: (401) 459-5603
Correo electrónico: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you already are an in-network provider and have a question, contact the Provider Call Center at (401) 274-4848 or 1-800-230-9050 if you are calling outside of Rhode Island.