New product: FEP Blue Focus
Effective 1 de enero de 2019, the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Federal Employee Program® (FEP) is launching a new product for FEP members called, FEP Blue Focus. This product will be administered by BCBSRI for federal employees in Rhode Island.
Federal employees will have the option to select the product during their annual open enrollment. FEP Blue Focus members will pay just $10 each for their first 10 primary and/or specialty care visits (excluding telehealth; see below) and will pay little or no cost for services that support good health. Members will also have access to preferred generic prescription drugs and will be covered when traveling overseas.
What is similar between the existing FEP products and FEP Blue Focus?
- No referrals required
- Preventive care benefits
- Overseas care
- Telehealth benefits by a vendor
- Continuing prior approval on current services
- Therapy services subject to copayment and visit limits
- Similar to Basic Options, members must stay in-network for services.
What is different between the existing FEP products and FEP Blue Focus?
- $10 each for 10 diagnostic professional visits
- Includes medical and MHSA diagnosis codes
- Includes primary care provider, other healthcare provider, or specialist
- First two visits no copayment
- After two visits —$10 copayment
- Two-tier formulary
- Tier 1 – Preferred generics
- Tier 2 – Preferred brand and preferred specialty medications
- Incentive for routine physical (selection of Blue365® offerings)
- Increase services requiring prior approval
Please remember to review the member’s benefits prior to services on the FEP Blue site as some services
may not be covered with the new plan.