15 nov, 2021
BCBSRI 2022 medical and dental plans designed to help Rhode Islanders save money and stay healthy
Acupuncture, doula services, and discounts on fitness programs, lifestyle services
and health-related products among benefits
PROVIDENCE, RI (15 de noviembre de 2021) – Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island (BCBSRI) is offering enhanced medical and dental benefits for the 2022 open enrollment period that make healthy living more accessible and affordable for both individuals and families.
“As people’s lives change, their health needs change, so this year’s plans include enhanced maternity, acupuncture, and telehealth benefits to meet members where they are with affordable and accessible healthcare that supports their health and well-being," said Melissa Cummings, BCBSRI executive vice president and chief customer officer.
BCBSRI’s 2022 offerings feature a range of choices to meet the needs of all Rhode Islanders. Offerings include a variety of network and benefit options, and a plan that offers tax-saving opportunities through a health savings account (HSA). Many plans include new benefit offerings like coverage for doula services, up to 12 acupuncture visits per year, more affordable telehealth visits through Doctors Online, and enhanced wellness rewards and discounts.
Additionally, with the passing of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) by the federal government, BCBSRI plans may be even more affordable, as the number of those qualifying for subsidies has expanded. This applies to those purchasing health insurance via HealthSource RI, Rhode Island’s health insurance exchange. The BCBSRI team is available to help answer questions and determine eligibility for a subsidy by calling (401) 459-5550 or 1-855-690-2583 (my0blue) (TTY: 711).
Every BCBSRI individual and family health plan includes:
- 100 percent coverage for preventive services. This includes annual exams, annual physicals,
flu shots, chronic health condition education, and other preventive care received in-network.
- Up to $500 per household in wellness rewards. Members and covered spouses can earn rewards when they sync activity devices (Fitbit, Max Buzz, Apple Watch and others) with the Virgin Pulse® wellness app.
- Access to Doctors Online, a telehealth platform that connects members with top-rated,
board-certified doctors from smartphones, tablets, or computers—24 hours a day, seven days
a week—at the same (or lower) cost as a primary care visit.
- Tailored discounts through Blue365®, a program that gives members discounts on various programs and services, from fitness centers and athletic equipment to personal care and travel/lifestyle perks (hotel, travel, and meal delivery).
BCBSRI also offers four dental plans, each with in- and out-of-network coverage from coast to coast, as well as pediatric dental benefits. Enhanced non-surgical periodontal benefits are also available at no additional cost to individuals diagnosed with diabetes or coronary artery disease.
All plans feature BCBSRI’s suite of digital tools to help simplify the healthcare experience:
- myBCBSRI: A tailored, online portal that provides a fast and easy way for members to view benefits, check claims, access digital ID cards, review electronic documents, track claim statuses, check benefit information and more.
- Cost Calculator: An easy-to-use program to help members estimate costs across network providers to make better-informed choices when they need a medical test or procedure.
- Find a Doctor: An online database for members to search for providers by name, specialty, location, network and services offered.
All plans also include access to BCBSRI’s four Your Blue Store locations across the state in Cranston, East Providence, Lincoln and Warwick. Your Blue Store offers sales and service support, care management, and free fitness programming and health education classes.
Families and individuals can find the plan that’s right for them:
- By phone: 401-459-5550 or 1-855-690-2583 (TTY: 711).
- Online: Review benefits, join a virtual enrollment meeting, make plan changes and more at bcbsri.com
- In person: At Your Blue Store. Visit bcbsri.com/yourbluestore.
Visit bcbsri.com to review plan details and enroll in a plan for 2022.