Empower your employees with an HSA
For employers who prefer a modern approach to healthcare costs, integrated health savings accounts (HSAs) feature many advantages, and they give your employees the tools they need to be better informed healthcare consumers.
Good for you, good for your employees
An integrated HSA, which can be paired with any BlueSolutions or Access Blue New England plan, helps both you and your employees realize tax savings.
- Easy administration. We make setup simple.
- Cost savings. Our HSA-eligible plans generally offer lower premiums.
- Ahorros en impuestos. Both employer and employee HSA contributions can provide tax savings.
- More engaged employees. Higher deductibles promote better informed healthcare choices.
- Más poder adquisitivo. Since they’re using pre-tax dollars, their money goes farther.
- Ahorros en impuestos. Contributions can lower income tax; interest earned is tax-free; and there is no tax when the money is used for qualified medical expenses.
- Conveniencia. They can pay bills online, on their mobile app, or with debit cards and checks.
- Mobile access. With the BlueSolutions Spending on the Go app, employees can view account balances, update profiles, and submit claims.
HSA employer tax savings example*
Employer with 30 employees each contributing $1,500 in pre-tax payroll deductions to their HSA annually.
|Pre-tax contributions per employee:||
|Number of employees:||
|Total employee annual HSA contribution:||
|FICA Tax %:||
|Estimated annual employer tax savings:||
*Este ejemplo tiene fines ilustrativos solamente y no representa el impacto impositivo real. FICA tax % based on 2018 rate and subject to change.
More options to cover expenses
We also offer health reimbursement arrangements (HRAs) and flexible spending accounts (FSAs). Talk to your broker or BCBSRI account executive for more information.
This communication has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on, for tax, legal or accounting advice. Debe consultar con sus propios asesores impositivos, contables y legales antes de realizar una transacción. Las HSA no son seguros.